2009/11/08

A Robe & Some Bling...

Tonight I had the opportunity to talk with some amazing young people.  I absolutely love being around young people with a passion for God.  Nothing more excites me than hearing their enthusiasm and seeking for the truth.  I wish I had what they have when I was their age.  Such opportunity and promise.  



The topic of prodigals is still burning within my prodigal heart.  I believe my favorite part of the prodigal son story has to be the dad waiting on the drive way with open arms for the son coming home.  There's something about a father's love.  The son, after going through the mud for a season, came home to see if he might possibly have a place with the servants in his fathers house.  Instead, the father opened his arms up to welcome his son right back into the family.  This father had every right to be angry with him or to shun him from the family, however, he does the complete opposite.  He embraces him, clothes him with a robe and some bling before he's even cleaned up, and throws the ultimate party.


What an image of God!  My own life is one example.  My Father in Heaven opened His arms to embrace me as His own.  He could have written me off.  He could have viewed "Connie the prodigal daughter" as stained, less than worthy, unforgivable, but He didn't.  He simply poured His unconditional love on me for who I am, put people in my life to encourage me and has blessed me in ways I certainly do not deserve.  For this, I am ever grateful.  I'm in debt to Him for a price He paid for me....a price I can never repay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment