2009/11/15

Investments and Gold Stars

So many things to type and so little space so I picked 3 or 4 things.  Enjoy...

We had the Garage Sale.  Sold a good bit of stuff.  Unfortunately, we didn't have any stories to share this time or any pictures.  It was rather uneventful.  Among the many guests, we had one sweet woman show up (repeat shopper) that remembered us from the last one.  Well, we did have a new feature:  the "man box".  It was a hit with all the guys.  It had tools and misc man stuff (hunting stuff, parts of things we didn't know what it was therefore it had to be put in the "man box", a vacuum cleaner belt (that would fall under "man box" because men are vacuum repairmen in their spare time), and such.  Michelle decided a "men's department" would be a good addition to future Garage Sales.  I'm in agreement because there are more men shoppers than you'd think.


I wish I had a photo of Michelle and her husband Mark to post here.  What a incredible servants of the Lord!  Michelle is the Garage Sale Queen, and it would not have happened without her.  She organized, sorted, priced, cleaned...just one amazing servant.  She is definitely an example to all people in her life.  Mark was right up there with Michelle too.  He helped however possible shuttling kids (so Michelle could do her thing), hauling things, unloading boxes, loading boxes, and so much more.  Those 2 people deserve a HUGE gold star!!!

On a completely unrelated note, I've been spending a great deal of time in the Word.  My favorite moment happened this morning.  I had the privilege (and I do count it as a privilege) to read the Word this morning in the new HPC Arena.  I cannot wait until it opens.  HPC spent this week having different members of the church pick 15 minute time slots to read aloud the Word and had it online as well.  The goal was to read the Bible from cover to cover.  Most people read during the hours of the night.  I arrived this morning around 4:40am just in time to catch the last chapter of Revelation.  There was to my surprise a small crowd of about 20 people hanging on every syllable as I walked into the future sanctuary.  There was a reverent silence in the Arena that you just knew and felt the presence of God was there as the final words were read.  No doubt.  Don't worry, as I mentioned before, I got to read.  They simply started the New Testament over to keep reading until this afternoon.  During the reading I started to tear up while reading Matthew.  It's a special book to me, and it really touched me that of all books of the Bible I was able to read in, God worked it out so I'd be reading right there!  Only He can orchiestrate moments like this morning.  So honored to have been a part of history at HPC.  (I have a great pic on my phone after I read of Pastor Johnny reading but it will not load on blogger - BUMMER!)

Another of today's highlight moments was the Miracle Offering.  We were able to take all of the proceeds we earned from the two Garage Sales and actually present it to the Lord.  What an incredible feeling to be able to invest in such a worthy cause.  I love this house and I'm grateful for the opportunity to invest in the future of hurting people. 

God, may this house be a fragrant aroma to You every day.  May it be Your hands and feet in action all of our days bringing You alone honor and glory.  May it truly be a healing place for a hurting world.

No comments:

Post a Comment