2009/12/02

Blind Sided by "The Blind Side"

Movies seem to capture my attention...maybe because I am a visual person. Last Friday, I was blind sided by "The Blind Side". It’s been 6 days, and I still cannot shake it. (If you have not seen it yet, I HIGHLY recommend it.)



As I watched the big screen with tears and a lump in my throat, I couldn't help but think "THIS is the hands and feet of Christ in action."  No fancy show.  Just simple.  You don’t need a platform or a microphone to speak into someone’s life; you just need to be yourself to those around you. Offer what you have in your hands.

The hurting people in this world need more families like the Tuohy’s. Families willing to be the subject of controversy. Families willing to step out of their comfort zone to extend a hand of help. Families willing to ignore "the rules" of society and take a risk. The Tuohy family put their reputation on the line and invested in the most precious commodity on the planet: life. Through love, they forever changed the path of one single person while unknowingly inspiring millions around them. I imagine a book or movie deal never crossed the mind of Leigh Anne Tuohy as she said "Big Mike, where you going? Do you have a place to stay?" She simply reached out to someone in need and offered what she had in her hand.

Are you willing to reach out into the lives around you? It's your choice. You don't have to take someone into your home like this family, but the opportunities to invest around you are endless. Get creative!  Step out of your comfort zone. Be willing to be the hands and feet of Christ to those around you.

Am I willing? What am I investing in?
James 2:14-17

No comments:

Post a Comment