2009/12/26

2010...


Thinking about my new year's resolution.  2010.  Hmmmm....what will it be?

As I think back 10 years, we were contemplating Y2K.  How funny is that?  "All computers are just going to stop working.  It's going to be chaos!"  I remember people saying "You better make sure you stock up on can goods."  Wow, were we panicking about nothing.  Our biggest fear should have been those boys living across the street with the arsenal of fire works.  Now, that was something to be afraid of!!


Fast forward 10 years.  It's hard to believe we are on the edge of 2010.  In 1999 that was such a foreign thought.  I could not even wrap my mind around the thought of living in the year 2010, and here we are.  What will this year hold?    

Now, back to the important stuff, 2010 resolutions.  What will it be?  Any thoughts on yours yet?


UPDATE:  I just read Carole Turner's post on resolutions....I think I'll just take some of her list!  I love to read and write.  Running after Jesus with everything I have in me sounds great too.  Looks like a pretty good fit.  Guess I'll have to think about it some more...   


For now, here's my short list...
Read more.
Complain less.
Think BEFORE I speak.
Write from my heart.
Publish something.
Love like there's no tomorrow.
Encourage rather than discourage.
Be the person God created me to be.
Learn, learn, learn.
Seek Jesus with everything in me.
Less of me, more of Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment