2009/12/20

Sweet Traditions

Tomorrow morning, we continue a tradition in our family that's going to continue for generations (if my sister and I have our way...we're pretty bossy, so I'm quite certain it will happen).  We will gather together to make Christmas candy.  Nothing but the good stuff! 



We make oatmeal no-bakes, fudge, pretzels covered in white chocolate, ritz crackers with peanut butter covered in white chocolate, mini pecan pies, pralines, chocolate crackles, peanut butter blossoms, and the piece de' resistance: peanut butter balls (I just learned last night they are also known as Buckeyes).  I think I missed a few things...I'll remember later I'm sure.

Actually the best thing we make throughout the day are memories.  Memories we never run out of, always enjoy sharing, and most of all, can cherish for a lifetime.  Let the fun begin!

(Here's a pic of mom and my sister getting started last year.  I'll post some pictures of tomorrow when I get home).

Do you have a Christmas Tradition in your family?   

No comments:

Post a Comment