2010/01/11

21 Days of Prayer

I love setting aside time for dedicated prayer!  Our church, Healing Place Church, is joining with many other churches for 21 Days of Prayer.  During this time, we will be focusing on Psalm 119...a monster of a chapter having over 70 verses.  
Due to it's sheer size, I often skip this chapter while browsing the Psalms, but was pleasantly surprised this morning.  Today, day 1, we read verses 1 through 8.  I love the ending verse for today.  Please do not give up on me!  I especially like the punch at the end.  The exclamation point!  I am sure I over-use them, but I think it's the passionate side of me that likes them the most.  
If I were to be completely honest with you, I feel like I don't live up to my potential most days.  Maybe it's an attitude needing adjustment, perfectionism that I can never attain, who knows what it is.  Other days I feel like I'm on my game.  Regardless of the day, let my prayer everyday be "Lord, please do not give up on me!!!!!!"  I think this pretty much sums up my plea.
My prayer for these 21 days is two fold:  1.  I would grow closer to God to hear His voice more clearly every day, and 2. God would give me direction about where to submit the manuscript to for publishing. 

Today's reading:  Psalm 119

 1 Joyful are people of integrity,
      who follow the instructions of the Lord.
 2 Joyful are those who obey his laws
      and search for him with all their hearts.
 3 They do not compromise with evil,
      and they walk only in his paths.
 4 You have charged us
      to keep your commandments carefully.
 5 Oh, that my actions would consistently
      reflect your decrees!
 6 Then I will not be ashamed
      when I compare my life with your commands.
 7 As I learn your righteous regulations,
      I will thank you by living as I should!
 8 I will obey your decrees.
      Please don’t give up on me!

2 comments:

  1. how do you depend on god so much? why cant you belive in your self and what you think is right not what god or jesus tell you is right i mean your real your here why do you think thats the right answer? im young but i belive more in myself than in anyone including any type of "god" i just think your lettting someone else determine whats right do you ever question it? id like to see you reply in your next blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, sorry I don't check this blog very often since I have a new blog. I'm going to answer your question there just like you requested. You can find it at www.reflectingpurity.wordpress.com. Please let me know if this helps. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete