2010/01/12

Day 2: Purity Revealed


These 21 days are going to be phenomenal!  Already, I'm 2 for 2 on hearing great things from God.  Today's reading for the 21 Days of Prayer consisted of verses 9 through 16 of Psalm 119.  As you may have already imagined, I found a jewel in those 8 verses.  Being someone passionate about the pursuit of purity, verse 9 hit me like a brick.  It reads:
"How can a young person stay pure? 
By obeying Your Word."
Some versions continue saying "and following its rules."  As I read the words, I thought "That's it young people!  Get in the Word!"  It's as if I was lost in the woods and suddenly came across a path leading somewhere.  Actually this truth applies not only to the young, but everyone.  Male or female.  Young or young at heart (9 days until I celebrate 40, so I'm not really liking the word old right now).  Searching throughout the Bible for years, I've been seeking "the answer".  God finally opened my eyes to HIS answer:  The key to purity isn't found in one or two or three verses, but in the entire Bible.  Purity is a product of obedience to God's simple commands.  I wonder what nuggets tomorrow holds for all of us.   
Question:  How can I be more obedient to God's Word?
Today's reading:  Psalm 119:9-16

No comments:

Post a Comment