2009/12/15

Rare Jewels

Tonight I discovered a rare jewel from my past.  It's a book we were given on our Senior Retreat.  Each year, every class would go on a retreat around Thanksgiving, but the one you waited for was your Senior year.  It was an over night trip, and everyone seemed to come back energized, ready to conquer the world! As a prodigal slipping and sliding her way through the mud, this would be one of those years God showed up, but I didn't take His offer.


As I thumb through it, I find lyrics from songs like "We Are The World", "Lean On Me", and "Hello".  Some oldies!  The theme song to Cheers and Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors" both made the cut too, but my all time favorite has to be "We Are The Reason".  I thought I'd share it below since it might be fitting during this time of year, and because, well... I absolutely love this song!  As my friend Jan would say:  Enjoy!!  

We Are The Reason
As little children, we would dream of Christmas morn
And all the gifts and toys we knew we'd find
But we never realized, a baby born one blessed night
Gave us the greatest gift of our lives.
Chorus:
We were the reason that He gave His life.
We were the reason that He suffered and died,
In a world that was lost, He gave all He could give
To show us the  reason to live.
As the years went by, we learned more about gifts 
Giving of ourselves and what that means
On a dark and cloudy day, a man hung crying in the rain,
Because of love, because of love.
Chorus
I finally found the reason for living,
It's in giving every part of my heart to Him.
In all that I do, every word that I say,
I'll be giving my all just for Him, just for Him...
Chorus


Your turn.  What's your favorite Christmas song?  

No comments:

Post a Comment