2010/03/03

Lord, Do YOU Think I'm Beautiful?

So, wow!  I didn't do very well posting in February.  I've been on sort of a writing halt for the past month.  Busy is the word.  I really don't like that word, but that's the one I'm gonna stick with.  Between family, work, more family, accident details, and a few random trips, 2010 has been a melting pot of experiences.  Honestly, I've never felt so close to God than I have last month or two.  I cannot quite explain it.  So much turmoil, yet so much peace.  I've seen His hand so very clearly in my life.


I began a new Bible study with a few of my close friends.  We've decided (thanks to the suggestion of Zoe) to go with "Do You Think I Am Beautiful?" by Angela Thomas.  Whoa!  That's about all I can muster up because it takes my breath away.  We are on week two and I feel as if I've studied a month already in a good way.  I was so ready for this yet I didn't even know it.  Angela, way to write straight to the heart of every woman!  If you are a female, I recommend this book and/or Bible study to you.  It's one of those "you gotta read this" for me.  Get a group of your friends together girls... you cannot go wrong on this one.


One thing I've realized in 2010 is the world tends to stifle the whisper of God.  The world wants to remove beauty from my vocabulary.  It's constantly reminding me of the "ugly" in my life.  The ugly hair days, the ugly attitude moments, the ugly insecurity, the ugly whatever it can find to hold over my head.  Can you hear it?  Can you hear God's whisper?  It's time we lean in and listen.  He's not only whispering but He's singing His love over all of us.  Can you hear it?  If not, lean in and listen.  Has your situation's noisy voice drowned out the whisper of the Father?  If it has, lean in past the noise and listen.  Do you feel unworthy or not good enough to hear Him?  He's speaking to all of us and that includes you.  He's crazy about you!!  Lean in and listen.  He wants to whisper sweet somethings to you.  You are valuable.


Speaking of leaning in and listening, I think I'll go do just that.  Nothing like taking your own advice.  Until next time, lean in and listen.  See you before April, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment